Often you may have difficulty tuning your guitar or keeping your guitar in tune. If this is the case you may want to try the following tuning method and see if this helps.
- Step 1: Tune the open 1st 'E' string to a tuner
- Step 2: Tune the 2nd 'B' string fretted at the 5th fret to match the open 1st string
- Step 3: Tune the 3 rd 'G' string fretted at the 9th fret to match the open 1st string
- Step 4: Tune the 4th 'D' string fretted at the 14th fret to match the open 1st string
- Step 5: Tune the 5th 'A' string fretted at the 7th fret to match the open 1st string
- Step 6: Tune the 6th 'E' string open to match the open 1st string
- Step 7: After all string are sounding in tune compared to the 1st 'E' string you can play a simple chord consisting of 'E' and ' B' notes it is an E5 chord and I find by tempering any offending notes the 'G' string helps to get the guitar well balanced across the whole fretboard
If after this your guitar still does not play in tune, bring it in for an inspection and we will be able to rectify the problem.