- Strings are rattling on the frets
- Notes are choking when bending strings
- Strings are slipping of the edge of the fingerboard
- Fret edges are sharp and cutting into your fingers
- Performance of fretwork is not accurate for fluid styles
- Certain notes buzz and rattle
Bridge and Nut Problems
- Strings are breaking at the saddles
- Strings are catching in the nut slots therefore affecting tuning
- Strings not seated correctly in nut or saddle making a rattling sound
- The tremolo (vibrato) is not returning to its neutral position
- Strings are not well spaced to suit the fingerboard taper
- Strings not equally spaced at nut
- Strings not equally spaced at saddle
- Strings require too much pressure to hold down
- Wooden Saddle has collapsed in the centre from wear
- The feet of the wooden bridge do not match the curvature of the soundboard under string tension
Tuning and Intonation
- Chords don't play in tune evenly over the entire fingerboard,
- Are you experiencing difficulties in tuning your guitar?
- Does it seem impossible to tune even after checking with a tuner
- The tremolo arm is not returning to pitch after use.
- Chords sound out of tune in one position whilst acceptable in others.
- Pre fabricated saddle does not suit your string choice
- Too much resonance between the bridge and tail piece.
Pickup and Electronic Problems
- Volume controls and electrics are scratchy or cutting out
- The output jack is cutting out or is loose
- Switch is cutting out or not selecting the various pickups.
- Pickups make squealing noises at high volume.
- There is no output whatsoever.
- Pickup outputs are not balanced.
- There is excessive humming and noise when instrument is plugged in.
- The signal is not very clear.
- The signal is too thin almost metallic sounding.
- Strap buttons can no longer be tightened
- Set up of strings is not to your satisfaction
- The current setup of your guitar does not suit your playing style
- Wood has split along the grain in the vicinity of the f holes
- Sympathetic resonance problems that are hard to locate.
If you are experiencing any of these problems with your instrument or any other problem, Matheas Guitars can rectify the problem(s) with one of my many services.
It is advisable to make an appointment for a thorough evaluation and diagnosis of your instrument. This procedure will ensure the perfect job by having an insight in your playing style and instruments response.