Matheas guitars offers a wide variety of finishing and refinishing options.
- Cut & Polish - Removes surface grime cleans and polishes existing finish
- Touch-ups - We offer touch ups to cover exposed wood due to chip damage, on commonly worn areas such as on the neck or soundboard.
- Scuff and Recoat - Rub existing finish and recoat to revive existing finish.
- Refinish complete instrument using authentic techniques and materials.
- French Polishing with Shellac, early Martins and Spanish hand made guitars
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer, CF Martin, Maton, Gibson, Early Fenders, Guild
- Staining wood with high attention to detail can accentuate and highlight the natural features of wood grain. This is a popular request for guitarist sporting figured maple tops on their electric guitars.
Matheas Guitars recognises that different finishes on guitar necks have differing textures. We realise that not all players feel comfortable with all finishes, as some players find some finishes too slippery or too sticky. If you are unhappy with the feel of the finish on your guitar neck we offer the following:
- Vintage Feel Nitrocellulose Gloss (Pre 68 Fenders, Gibsons, Martin)
- Matt or Satin Nitrocellulose (Maton, Martin)
- Shellac (Hand made Spanish guitars, pre 30's martins)
- Oil (Musicman, Nuno N4)
For refinishing turnaround times feel free to inquire in writing for an estimation.